Final Selfie

Final Selfie

This course definitely wasn't what I was expecting it to be, if I am being honest.  But from the very first project I chose I realized how it could help with my activism, and in other areas of my life.  My second project was something a little more family oriented, and I figured I could use what I learned in this class to create beautiful pieces for my family, to document things.  Since I have Lupus, I often think of things to leave behind, to document our time here.

Immediately and then throughout the course, I felt like I would like to document my participation in the Walk to End Lupus Now, NYC.  I can't imagine a better project to bring to light the magnitude of support and effort it takes to live a life with Lupus, or to live someone who has it.  Every year, since my diagnosis I have joined the thousands of walkers raising money to help find a cure.  I hope and pray that I see that happen in my lifetime, not only for me but for the countless other warriors that battle this disease daily.  So, even though class will be done - I am still going to make the digital story, because above all else I learned that creating something no matter how small, still makes a difference.

I feel excited - at expanding the way I can tell my stories.  I hope to maybe experiment with animation to tell some of my short stories, too.  For a creative like me, being able to reach my audience in other ways is what I constantly hope to achieve.  It's pretty much the Holy Grail.  In a world of likes and retweets, reach has become so important and knowing your audience might be open to something a little different lights this certain spark, something I can't really explain - but evolution is a most welcomed thing in all my experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Resist - Mobile Story 1

Seven Steps